|Contract Name||Nundle WTP|
Final/Anticipated Value (inc.GST)
|Duration of Contract||17 months|
|Actual/Anticipated Completion Date||2017|
|Name Type of General Conditions of Contract||Design and Construct|
|Client Organisation||Tamworth Regional Council (TRC)|
Nundle Water Treatment Plant
Nundle township is located approximately 60 km south of Tamworth in New South Wales. Water Treatment Australia designed and constructed a new 720 kL/day WTP to replace the existing plant. The plant was designed to operate at a constant flow over the range of 5-10 L/s. The scope included:
- Connection of a new raw water main to supply the new WTP from a stop valve
- Construction of a new elevated earthen pad above the 1 in 100 year flood level to facilitate the new plant
- New colorbond building to house the core components of the new WTP
- A new 6 metre stainless steel reactivator clarifier
- Chemical dosing system package for alum, soda ash, polymer, PAC, chlorination.
- One open gravity filter with dual media configuration including blowers, backwash pumps and pipework
- Bulk earthworks in all classes of material, detailed excavation and off-site disposal of excess material. Roadworks, stormwater drainage, and subsoil drainage works.
- One ultraviolet (UV) system disinfection systems
- Modifying the existing settling tanks to convert them to sludge lagoons and integrate the existing clear water tank into the new plant.
- 2 new vertical turbine treated water pumps
- Supernatant Return pumping facility and discharge pipeline including connection to the new raw water main prior to the PAC contact tank
- Compressed air facility including new compressed air system and reticulation of compressed air · Raw, filtered and treated water pumps and sample lines to the onsite lab test room
- A control room, amenities, laboratory test room within the new WTP building.
- Service and potable water reticulation including RPZ, valving, fittings, and associated works
- Electrical instrumentation and control services including field instrumentation and local control panels. Power, control and communications cabling, conduits, pits and associated cable ladder / tray and fixings. PLC hardware system, communications hardware, MCC and SCADA including integration of the existing TRC Nundle waste assets being the raw water pump station, supply bores and reservoirs. Site lighting, power building alarm and security systems.